CeCe Moore gave an excellent keynote on genetic DNA research. She talked about past research strategies that she used in the PBS series "Finding Your Roots". After the keynote, there were four more classes available:
* “DNA: Stories from Finding Your Roots” (Keynote - CeCe Moore)
* “Autosomal DNA: Discovering Your Ancestors in You.” - CeCe Moore
* “Researching Your Family Tree – How to Get Started” - Del Ritchhart
* “Social Media & Networking for Genealogists” - Randy Seaver
* “Local & Online Resources for Genealogy Research” panel discussion with Peter Steelquist (Facilitator), Rick Crawford (Central Library), Jane Kenealy (San Diego History Center Research Library), Ross McCollum (San Diego Family Search Library) and Amy Davis (Carlsbad Library).
The classes repeated in the second session so people could attend a different one that they missed in the first session.
We hope to have another one next year, so don't miss it!
Below are some photos.
|San Diego History Center|
|Attendee's checking in|
|The San Diego Genealogical Society|
|The Chula Vista Genealogical Society|
|The Immigrant Genealogical Society|
|The Military Research Help Desk|
|Sons of the American Revolution|
|The beautiful theater for the keynote address|
|CeCe Moore's keynote address|
|CeCe Moore talking about Anderson Cooper's ethnicity|
|CeCe Moore with Dr. Diane Lott, President of SDGS|
|On to the classes!|
|Del Ritchhart teaching beginning genealogy|
|Panel discussion on genealogical resources in San Diego County|
|Randy Seaver teaching about using social media for genealogy|
|CeCe Moore teaching about Autosomal DNA|